Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Philippines 19May - 4June 2010

I am shedding my skin like a snake now.. Thanks to the sunburn i got from the Philippines..

I know it's weird to have this kind of intro.. This is because I have decided to go random, to type anything that comes across my mind when i post this entry.. :) I realised that it's hard to get myself started when i have too many things to blog about.. And finally, i end up not blogging..


To begin with, I was back for about five days now from the Philippines.. Honestly, i have never thought that i will visit Philippines in my entire life.. It is so alien to us in Malaysia really.. It all started with the invitation by Dr Ignatio to join the workcamp in Alegria in conjunction with our elective module.. Was a bit reluctant to join in the first place because i had earlier planned to buy a DSLR and play with it as my elective.. But i guess it will be a rare opportunity for us to join a camp like this, especially in the Philippines.. I can be very sure that i won't be travelling to the Philippines for my entire life if not for the workcamp.. It was a difficult decision.. Between temptation and opportunity.. In the end i chose Philippines, hopping that i will get my DSLR later... lol....


On the 19th May, i flew to Singapore alone to meet Kin Man, Kwong Howe and Boon Fong.. As planned, we toured Singapore and put a night there in the terminal.. We slept on the floor of the arrival hall in terminal 2.. It was quite a rare sight as there were only four of us there.. Thank god the security didn't chase us away..

We flew to Cebu the next day for the workcamp.. Not going to talk about every single thing that happened there or else i will be writing a thesis..

So, what's interesting there in the Philippines?

1. Toilet
The public toilets in Philippines are really clean to the extent that u can sleep in it.. Exaggerating only lar... But seriously, the toilets there are very clean.. Ashame to say that Malaysia's public toilets are way dirtier than theirs.. booo.........

2.Food
They have nice food there, especially the barbequed ones.. Have already started to miss their barbequed food.. But the food in the Philippines are either very very very salty or very very very sweet.. Hope i don't come back with diabetes or hypertension..


3.Jeeps
They have some taxis there... But the most interesting thing is the jeeps aka jeepnees, colourful ones.. Jeeps are the main public transport there.. Each trip cost us 7 pesos ( about 50 cents )... The unique part is the way they modified the vans and lorries into what they called 'jeepnees'


4.Beach
I can't think of a suitable adjective to describe the beaches there.. They are just so wonderful.. It is like Redang everywhere in Cebu.. :)


Am glad to have put myself in this workcamp.. It was a tough one but it's definitely worth it.. Once again, it gave me the chance to open my eyes and experience tonnes of new things.. I saw starfish and touched them for the first time... I saw the planet Saturn with the telescope that was used to capture planet images for NASA..


Thanks Dann for guiding us during our stay in Cebu.. :)

5 comments:

-1 Ling- said...

cebu looks fun. love the beaches. this wud b better than a dslr i think. x)

Kin Man said...

kwong howe so sex in the first pic! lol!~

Kin Man said...

sexy*

cruSadER said...

I would've gone~

I love the jeepness!

DaVIdnG said...

:) it was a memorable trip... but then the workcamp wasn't that easy.. hahahaha...